Tattoos over stretch marks?

I really want another one on my hip, but I have stretch marks there... Can you cover with tattoos? Has anyone done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im not sure but i bet if you call a tattoo shop they can answer that. i bet alot of women go in there with that situation.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My husband had a stretch mark on his arm and he got it covered with a tattoo, He said it hurts really bad.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have a friend who "branded" his arm with a beer bottle (yeah, he's a gem) and got a tattoo over it. Not sure if its the same, but maybe close?
    Anonymous

• I heard, but don't know for sure, that it's hard to tattoo over scar tissue and that sometimes it won't take the ink. I'd visit a shop and ask, because they can look at your skin and determine from there.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• A Talented Tat artist can work magic with the ink. Ask the person your considering getting the Tat from and show them the stretch marks. They will know best what they can do with it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• no idea..but if you get it done I'd like to see a pic.. I'm thinking about the same thing
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Just make sure you don't plan on having any more kids or then the tattoo may stretch. I lucked out majorly and didn't end up with stretch marks, I was so worried about the sunflower on my stomach . . . it was HUGE when I was pregnant . . . LOL
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2008