Scoliosis

I have scoliosis and my back HURTs alot. anyone else have this problem? I am starting physical therapy for my back ache. Anyone with suggestions?

laura67-boo

Asked by laura67-boo at 5:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• I have it. I have the "S" curve. Mine got so painful that I am in the middle of epidural nerve blocks. I go for the second one next week. I also have a ruptured disc, I really think it's because the disc is right at the wide point of the curve and so the vertebrea are more open. I was referred to a surgeon for the scoliosis, and I was about 2 degrees off of being bad enough to have the correction surgery.

I found that heat helps me, and I do things in bursts. Make the beds, stop and sit for about 20 minutes. Right now, I'm not allowed to do muchof anything until I see the surgeon for the ruptured disc.When you lay down, a pillow under the side you're laying on helps, as well as one between your knees. And I'm sure you know to lift with your legs.

If there is anything else I can answer for you, or if you just want to complain, send me a message! Sometimes, I feel so useless that just having someone listen helps.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Hi, my husband is an orthotist, and are you wearing any kind of brace? Therapy will do some good, but you might need spine correction, have you seen an orthapedic doctor?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I had that when I was a kid.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I only have "slight" scoliosis according to my doctor and chiroprater but thankfully it hasn't caused me any issues yet.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have scoliosis, but it is mild. I had muscle spasms that seem to pop up at the worst time. I have a back massager that helps me. The physical therapy will help and you can ask them about what to do at home.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 11:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• therapy and gentle excercise...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2011