Ifound out recently my son is autistic,adhd, and has a sensory processing disorder.My question is if I told my sons dr time n time again I thought he had adhd and didn;t think he was developing at the right pace and refusing to eat and the dr acted like I was crazy then I took him to a specialist in all areas and i be damned if he didn't have all 3 disorders, can I sue him?

I talked to this Dr.Stone on so many differant occasions getting dismissed everyt5ime.If we would have caught his disorders earlier other drs say he would have had a better chance.This totally f****** pisses me off.Do you think I have a lawsiut?

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Kids' Health

• PS - I have yet to find a Dr for my son who I even remotely believe or like - I think they all dismiss far too much of parents views and so far I've been just as passed off - maybe just not to this extreme since my son is only 3- I feel for you!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Not likely, all of those disorders are subjective diagnosis, and you were always free to seek other opinions. I'm sorry for what you went through; I'm sure many Moms have been in your position. Try not to be bitter, just find more receptive Dr.s in the future and move forward with your lives.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• ahh.. Mommmy I am so sorry - I think you probably should have realized earlier to stop seeing this Dr and get a different opinion - although I know that's not always easy or possible, I am not sure there is a law suit you can file but.. you can always get a free consultation
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i just wouldnt go back to him. i told my sons doctor something was wrong with him he was he 1 month old.. i was in there every week.. he actually told me 'there is a difference between spitting up and throwing up' granted i was a first time mom but he was THROWING up.. this went on until my son was 3 months old finally decided to do tests an such an he had serve acid reflux.. i refused to go that that doctor for a long time.. and i left it at that.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 5:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No, but you can just spread the word that he is not much of a DR. I have had plenty of bad DR.'s for my kids and learned that just because the hold a degree doesn't mean squat
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'm not exactly sure about a law suit. I've been there. I've told my child's doc that I thought he was autistic and he wouldn't eating or developing right, and they just thought I was crazy too. Let me know if you can because i'll be there too. Doctors these days aren't educated well on the Auntism spectrum disorders. the books they used are from the 80's. Did you know back then that they called our autistic children "schizophrenia disorder" instead? I could die...I have two autistic kids and it took me two years to get a diagnoses..
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thanks Ladies
    Brandy928

Comment by Brandy928 (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I wish these doctors would realize that moms know their kids better then they do!! When we say something is wrong,then do further testing!!! Don't dismis us!!!! We don't need a medical degree to know when something is wrong!!! We r not stupid!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• oh i forgot to tell you about some books I would recommend..Look up Jenny McCarthy books on autism. all are superb books
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No you cant. For the doctor you have agreeing with you he can get 10 that dont. It is a he said/she said situation.

Answer by gemgem at 5:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011