Have you ever been penalized for telling the truth? Have you ever seen dishonesty rewarded?

I am curious why it seems to be so hard for some people to accept truth and why there is a seeming desire to believe an illusion of honesty and friendship. Have you ever tried to do the right thing and you were treated badly for doing so? Do you think you would be able to figure out if someone was deceptive to you (a deceptive friend, lover, coworker, etc)? What would be your strategy for figuring out the truth?

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 5:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes I have been penalized for telling the truth and I see it all of the time with my exhusband. I swear that he is being protected by an evil spirit.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 9:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I was penalized for telling the truth in court. My ex is a big fat liar and was telling some good ones in court, and the judge believed his lies over my truth. I think in cases like mine it is easier to believe a lie then to believe there is a monster in front of you.

Answer by gemgem at 5:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Definitely.
    When I was a little girl, another little girl one street over from me started selling girl scout cookies a week before we were supposed to. Our neighborhood was already committed to buying her cookies instead of mine! I really hated her lol
    Anonymous

• That is true, some really good liars perjure in court and don't get caught. Judges can only catch them in a lie if they stumble on their lies but some people are really good at managing their lies.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I see both of these way too often.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yes thats one of my observations in life.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011