RE: Ovulation cause of false positive?

"So I have taken 4 home pregnancy tests in the last 2-3 days, 2 of which read positive and 2 read negative. I have reason to believe that I am not pregnant and have possibly been in an ovulation phase the last few days. It is extremely late in my cycle and would be odd for me to be ovulating now, but if I were, could that have caused my HPT's to read positive even if I were not pregnant?"
After reading some the replies to my original question (see above) I have now been led to another question. Following my normal cycle lengths and such would mean I should be starting my cycle on the 11th of this month. My husband and I have not been using protection the last few days because I was in my safe zone for ovulation and thought I may have already been pregnant anyways. If it turns out that is not the case and I did ovualte in the last couple days by some off chance, could I get pregnant from this ovulation? Or is it to close to the start of my cycle to be valid?

Missalissa86

Asked by Missalissa86 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is always possible to get pregnant when you don't use protection. If you had two positive tests, you should probably call your doctor, especially if you don't start your period on the 11th, but even before that if you're still concerned. Sometimes you can get a positive test from an ectopic pregnancy, which wouldn't show up positive every time. My midwife (3 of them) and my GYNO all told me that there is no such thing as a "false positive" pregnancy test. It really means you are pregnant and if you bleed, you miscarried. It's pretty complex, but if I were you and I was unsure, I would wait a couple days and take an expesive home test, maybe a digital one, and then probably call my doctor and see if they would do a blood test this early. Watch for other symptoms of ectopic pregnancy like fever, deep pelvic pain and cramping and vomiting. Hopefully you get your cycles sorted out and it's just a simple hormonal change!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i dont think its possible to get a pos result from ovulating and yes u can get pregnant around the time of ovulation, anything is possible where as a general rule our bodies follow a schedule the human body is fallible and subject to minute changes all the time. I'd get a blood test from a dr if i were u
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thanks for the answers guys! It was very helpful :)
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011