A same-sex couple moves in next door to you . . .

your other neighbors are complaning to you about it.

What do YOU do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• mind my own business!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Simply say I'm okay with it because I am :o) I hate gossip.
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 5:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Nothing I mind my own business. I dont have one next door, but we have one at the school. Some families accept them, some dont.

Answer by gemgem at 5:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I would tell them to take it up with the neighbors.  I wouldn't care and I wouldn't care to hear some idiot commenting behind their backs about it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Tell the other neighbors to grow up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I may not agree with their livestyle but I'd keep to myself and not get involved in the gossip. Better that than a bunch of rowdy partying drunkerds wouldn't ya say?
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 5:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Nothing. Which is exactly what I did when I had a gay couple live across the street from me at one time. I don't care. As long as nobody is getting hurt, I don't care how other people live their lives.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• That would be hilarious! We are the token gay couple here, doubt neighbors would complain to us. Then again we live in an area where the nearest neighbor is 5 acres away.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Bake them some cookies or a casserole to welcome them to the neighborhood. Who cares what the other neighbors think, not me.

Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• What is the couple doing to produce complaints? Are they drug dealers, thieves, partiers, sloppy? If the only issue is their orientation, I would do NOTHING. I can not imagine this happening in 2011. My parents, nearing 80 and practicing Catholics, have  great relationships with their lesbian neighbors on one side and 30+ year gay couple to the back of their home.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011