Frustrated with Husband

Ok I don't know if i am over reacting or not but please only nice comments if ur going to post.
My husband had off of work yesterday. So i asked him to go upstairs and bring our 6month old son down before he wakes his older brother up. Just bring him in our room and let him lay with us type deal. I asked him twice before he did anything. I also did say if he has poop please change him. So he goes upstairs 10mins after i asked and was about to do it myself, and gets our son, brings him down, but doesn't change his diaper which had poop in it. I got up did that. I finally fed our 6month old at 7:30 and laid in bed until 7:50am and then made breakfast for the rest of us.
We eat and then it comes time to leave so i am getting kids ready with out him helping me. We get home, i do the lunch dishes and start laundry and my babysitting. I get kids ready for nap, and head to go get a kid i babysit for. I come home to our 6 month old screaming and i had to feed him and make supper.
And today he comes home from work, and takes our 6month old outside by our shed, NO problem. Well he asks me to help him get a tire on the wheel barrow, which i tried, but i have to be up before the mother of the kids get here, plus feed our 6month old his supper. As i was coming up the mother came, and my 6month old is now off schedule .
I do cleaning, sanatizing, dishes, laundry, feed and change our sons, get our sons in bed, see him at work, babysit and i don't get any help from him

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 5:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• He had off of work, but you didn't. I can't say you are overreacting or not because I don't know the dynamics of your relationship. Personally, I expect nothing - so when I do get help it is gravy. I would be frustrated about the morning thing for certain.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'm sorry I am in a goofy mood today.....my first thought was "typical". :) It is sad that some men do not view helping out as a way to connect not only with us but the children as well. You have every right to be frustrated. He possibly views it that babysitting and staying home is an easy job - you just play with the kids all day. Maybe a night without supper for HIM would be beneficial to you. Don't worry you'll get your baby back on schedule.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 5:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• we all get frustrated with our hubby no matter what they will never change diaper,
    or feed it ,hubby don't think at all
    and you help him out time for you no longer help him he is adult so let him act like it
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 5:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• what you encountered is very common and i hope men just don't see that them doing things like this is one rude and two hurts our feelings. Hugs to you and id talk to him about it if i were u and have been on occasion :)
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• that sucks!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have encountered similar situations. A guy thinks his day off should be just that - his day off and that he shouldn't be doing anything. Most guys don't think in terms of helping out because they have a day off. They are still ingrained with the stereotype that a mom is supposed to do everything. If you're a stay at home mom, it's worse. They think it's your job 24/7. Have you ever asked him about compromising to give yourself a day off, too? You can agree to give him a totally hands-off free day as long as you can get the same. That way, it's a win-win situation. Get it in writing, too, in case there are any issues with how you both recollect the agreement - perhaps in the form of a calendar marked planned days off. He writes his name on the dates he wants and you do the same. It's in both of your handwriting so no argument that I can foresee.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think we all have had those days and remember tomorrow is a new day and just don't ask for anything that way you can't be let down and if asks for anything just tell him, " I would love to help you honey but I'm busy I will be there when i get a chance".
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• im going to assume you are a SAHM maybe you guys should work out a schedual when you can each take a day off I was in a relationship like that not a sahm though and i ended it.. a relationship is suppose to be a team effort
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I get this alot from my kids daddy. He very seldomly helps me with them and if I ask for help he bites my head off. If I ask him to do something then he acts like he can't hear me or something when he's really ignoring me but if he wants anything it should be done right there..right then. that's a man for ya. I wish they could be different girl. I know where you're coming from.
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I sometimes have a difficult time understanding these situations. Just tell him to help...give him a list and tell him these are his duties/tasks/responsibilities/whatever. What's the big deal? You are both adults, tell him what you expect from him.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011