I have had two vaginal delivaries and now might have to have a c section and am scared what should i expect recovery wise?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Girly I HAD A KID VAGINAL AND I C SECTION AND i TOO WAS SO SCARED but let me reassure you after I had a c section I wished my first were that easy.No water up my butt or nothong.They used stitches that dissolve by themselves so it wasn't no where near as painful.pLUS YOU WON'T HAVE TO be in labor for a long time so no worries its ok.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Each recovery is different, just like each person is different. I've had 2 c-sections. With my first, I was in the hospital for about 3 days. At 6 days postpartum, we went to Walmart. I was tired, but still made it through the whole store. I was able to wash by myself completely at about a week and a half. With my second, I could still barely move at a week postpartum. By 3 weeks, I was still in a lot of pain and still couldn't wash the lower half of my body and still needed help getting to a sitting position in my bed. It's going to depend on your body. But, don't worry yourself too much over it just yet. When it happens, just take it one day at a time. Don't try to push yourself to far to soon or it'll take you longer to recover. One of the rougher parts about it, is that it is abdominal surgery. So, it tends to be sore when you cough or laugh.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I had a C-section with my first, then VBAC with my second. For me, the C-section recovery was not fun. It took me about 3 weeks to get back to walking, sitting, standing, etc. in a normal way. But like said above, everybody is different. My sister had 3 C-sections! With the first she took about a week to get mostly back to normal. With her second and third, she was vaccuming the house and grocery shopping the day they released her from the hospital! (3 days post c-section) Just keep a positive attitude and try not to stress over it. Stressing is one of the biggest causes of stalled labor which usually leads to C-sections. In the end, though, as long as the baby is healthy and ok then whatever method you have to use to get them here will be worth it!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Well first try to stop stressing about it. A positive attitude goes a long way. if you follow doctor's orders for recovery it should be uneventful. They will probably staple the incision for the first 24 hours then follow up with adhesive and tape. Do not drive. Do not go to the store. Wait until the doctor clears you to have sex. Get up and moving as soon as you can to help hasten healing. It will be uncomfortable for awhile. Really it's not all that awful if you end up having to need a c-section. Of course no one wants surgery, but if it's safer for both you and baby then relax and go for it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I had a vaginal delivery my first child and c-section with my twins. For me the c-section recovery was much better. After my vaginal delivery i could barely walk, because I was so sore, for weeks, and if this is too much info im sorry, but sometimes it still hurts when my hubby and I do "stuff" but with my c-section the next day I was walking around, showered by myself, got dressed, I am not going to say I wasnt sore but it was a much btter healing process. Within a few days I felt completely fine. I didnt think the spinal tap was as painful as the epidural either. For some people they dont even feel the epidural but I did!! The spinal tap I didnt feel.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011