Health insurance...which are good?!

Hi,
I'm 3 1/2 months pregnant, I work and so does my husband but none of our jobs offer health insurance. I'm looking around but wanted to know by your experiences, which health ensurance is good or great for pregnancy?! Also, did you quit your job because of your pregnancy? I feel like I need to, too much stress and ppl treat me like i'm not pregnant!

Victoria.Loved

Asked by Victoria.Loved at 5:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, if you are not currently insured, most insurance companies will not cover you while pregnant unless you get the insurance through your employer. You should be able to apply for Medicaid specifically to cover pregnancy visits and birth, etc. As far as "which ones are good", it varies a lot by state and area, as well as your own personal health history. Pre-existing conditions will be a factor in the cost. We've personally had success with BCBS.
    I didn't quit my job because of my pregnancy - we couldn't really afford for me to, plus I enjoyed my job at the time and it didn't place me at risk. If you feel your workplace is having you do things that endanger your pregnancy, you can discuss this with your OB/midwife to see if they can recommend an alternative course of action - sometimes, women can be given different work assignments during pregnancy to prevent placing them at risk.
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 6:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my husband and i have united health care insurance we seem to like it! Not to sure the cost of it cuz its through my husbands work!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I use Medicaid and it doesn't seem to be giving me any problems.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• For my pregnancies I had excellent care for my waterbirths with non-hospital midwives using Medicaid.
    If your income is too great you probably can't qualify~ but look into it!
    I didn't quit my job, I was out for summer break (school teacher) or I left for maternity leave with a few weeks left in the end.

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: http://www.quotes-center.com/health-insurance-for-pregnant-women

elize964

Answer by elize964 at 4:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2011