Target expensive more than K Mart?

I stopped shopping at K Mart & go to Target now..My S/O says Target is more expensive then K Mart....

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• It can be, Kmart has better sales and deals but Target has better clearances
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I hate our local kmart. It is so dirty there.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I think it is.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It is.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't generally shop at Kmart because the quality and customer service has been poor in the past and there are barely any in my area any more (most closed down). I used to be a Walmart fan but then recently noticed that Target has better prices. Walmart did a good job of getting consumers into the habit of thinking they are a good place for everyday low prices but I have found that Target has a lot of non-advertised deals on a daily/weekly basis, at least on the things I tend to buy. The quality of some products are also better at Target. Moreover, I have had a few terrible customer service experiences at Walmarts in the area - refusal to accept returns w/receipts at the same store that it was purchased and only 2 weeks after purchase, a lot of rude service from the customer service desk though other staff was generally nice, and some employees grumbling at me and some other customers. Target is now my #1!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• One good tip also is to make of list of products you tend to buy and stores you plan to go to, then go to the product's/store's website and find coupons. Target has on average about $160-180 worth in coupons you can use on their already low prices. You can also stack the manufacturer coupons on top of those coupons.

http://www.redplum.com/

is also a good website to find general coupons found in most Sunday newspapers, without have to buy the newspapers
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I shop at both Kmart and target. I think it really depends on what you are buying, kids clothing, they have cheaper at target. Kmart has better deals on some toys, and my dh likes that they carry craftsman tools... I think it just depends on what you are buying
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011