Child spacing

What is the ideal spacing between kids??
Mine are 15 months apart and it was NOT ideal. It still isn't, and even though I'm pretty baby hungry right now, I can wait because these two are always pushing each other and fighting. I need to wait until they're older. FYI, mine are 2 1/2 and 1.

ACL2007

Asked by ACL2007 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• 4 yrs was ideal for us. I have 5 kids and the first three were pretty close. My last two were 5 yrs and 4 yrs apart and for me that was ideal. I had time alone with the baby while the older ones were at school or pre-k.

Answer by gemgem at 6:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• IMO, 5 years is way too long. My two are 18 months apart, and at first it was beyond tough. Mine are now 3 and 19 months. I want another baby, but not yet! I'm thinking like another year. So about 2 and a half years apart. Enough for the kids to be independent, and give me a little time for just the new baby, but not enough time in-between them to want to get rid of everything baby.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I agree... I don't want to have another until my son is atleast 5
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My first and second were almost 7 yrs apart and that was great. We then had another one 2 yrs later. I much prefer the big space. I'd at least wait till the first child is in kindergarten.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think nothing is ideal for all. While many couples have 2 kids very close, others wait a long time.
    My oldest is 13 and my little one is 3.
    I did had many doubts at one point, do they will have a relationship like sisters, how bringing a new baby after being a family of 3 would affect us economic and emotionally, etc.
    Is being 3 years since we welcome baby #2, I can't imagine being other way around. They love each other so much and it just feel right for us.
    4loveofmy2

Answer by 4loveofmy2 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My children are 5 years apart, and I LOVE it! I got to enjoy each of them as babies. I am able to have more one on one time with them. They are now 17 and almost 12. It's wonderful
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I would say 5 years apart. That's what I wanted to do, but it didn't turn out that way. So now, my kids will be about the same age apart that yours are.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I want to wait until my youngest is already 3 before we try to get pregnant again... or at least by the time the next is born I'd like DD to be 3 already.
    ACL2007

Comment by ACL2007 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My son is 2 now but I'm planning to get preggos again in June or Aug and by the time I have the next one my son will be 3 by the time my next baby is born
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 6:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We would like 4-5 years for ours.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2011