What color should i dye my hair to get the dark red and dark brown out?

My natural hair color is dirty blonde, i do know that i will never be able to get that color back. I used a demi permanant dye for my whole head and it was a 2 (1 being the darkest) i then used fire rocket red for highlights just in the front. I tried to get it lighter about 3 weeks ago using a lighter dye and it just made my roots lighter and the red look really light orange. What color should i use to bring my hair back to a light light blonde without the red or brown comming through?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• There is an 800 number on the Clairol box and web page where you can call and ask a professional what color to use. They are experts at helping you choose the right color to fix bad color.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• well from experince dont dye ur hair red at all its really hard to get out stay away from red and black just go to Walmart and get the hair stripper and get a ash brown i suggest medium you can always go lighter and get the color you want
    momof5gonecrazy

Answer by momof5gonecrazy at 6:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• YOU CANNOT LIGHTEN HAIRCOLOR WITH HAIRCOLOR! YOU WILL NEED TO USE A LIGHTENING PRODUCT (ie: bleach).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Order some Uncolor and see if that helps. Uncolor basically is used by salons to remove/reduce color from hair and skin from dye jobs.
    You should be able to do an internet search/Amazon search to order Uncolor.

http://www.folica.com/hair-color/hair-color-correction/clairol-the-uncolor-system-haircolor-remover

If that doesn't work, I suggest dying your hair black/darkest brown and work it out like you meant to have red/brown highlights while allowing your hair to grow out and your natural color to come back
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think you have to go the lighter way to get the dark out then you can go from there or you can try calling a beauty salon and ask them.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2011