I cant get my 4 yr old girl to go potty plz help

momof5gonecrazy

Asked by momof5gonecrazy at 6:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you cut off your childs drinking 2 hours before bed?Make sure she dosen't have underlining issues like a developmental disorder
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Is she not potty trained at all or are u just talking about at bed time?
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• no, she will not go potty in the toliet at all and she insitst that shes a baby and refuses to go potty in the toliet n
    momof5gonecrazy

Comment by momof5gonecrazy (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My daughter was scared of it. She refused. One day my husband saw her pooping in her diaper. He picked her up and yelled "your going in the potty now!!" He put her on the potty. She went and was so proud of herself. She went right to underwear after that. She was 3 1/2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I read where one mom one here had a big reward for her child who was older and not trained. She put the item on a high shelf and said the child could have it after going in the potty for a week. You could give stickers for the weekdays. Just one idea.......No yelling like suggested earlier.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My daughter was about 3 1/2 and was scared too- her brother convinced her she'd be flushed down. She wouldn't use the little ones either. Once she deicded she wanted to try, she was trained within about a week. My first 2 children took FOREVER to train, but picked it up in no time. My youngest is doing it really young, but it's a longer and messier process.

She is old enough to understand rewards. If you are frustrated trying to push her, how about giving her an incentive? I've heard many people say their child trained themself because they were told they needed to be trained to do something fun (like start preschool).
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2011