Do any of you really believe that the world will end soon?

Because of all these disasters happening these past few years people are freaking out now more than ever, especially since yet another earthquake hit Japan today and an earthquake also hit Mexico. I think that the world is fragile and things happen, things can't be rose colored all the time right? I do not believe the world will end but I do believe that we will end, maybe not now or in a hundred years from now but I do believe it will happen. Planet Earth is magnificent and rare, I really do not think that God( I do believe in him) plans on starting it over, it's easier to start us over. What do you think?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 6:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Will it end soon? Probably not. Will it end eventually? Yes. Maybe humans will still be around when that happens, but not likely. I don't believe in a religious doomsday end of the world though. If humans cease to exist, it will be due to natural changes in the earth or because we do something stupid to kill ourselves off. The earth will end by the time our sun dies, but that is a long way off.

Everything just gets recycled back in the Universe. All the atoms that make up our body were once part of stars--far away in both time and space. So, in a way, we have always existed and always will, just not with this consciousness we have now. Nothing ever really ends or is destroyed, and nothing is really created--everything just changes form, and all current forms are temporary. Fear doesn't help anything as there's nothing we can do to change it or know when it will happen, so just relax and enjoy your life HERE and NOW. :-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• In 4.5 billion years, the sun will expand to a gas giant and incinerate the inner planets, including us, because it will expand to beyond our orbit. Anyone who is sure it will happen before then is free to send me your stuff since you won't need it anymore.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• olny God knows
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I dont. Im eagerly waiting till 12/24/2012 so I can LAUGH at all the dummy's who are saying we are all gonna die on 12/21/2012 or whatever day it is. There are people spending $ like they will never have to re-pay it because the really think it will all end next year. Does everyone NOT realize how many people in recorded history have said this date is our last and been wrong EVERY time? Know what that chip in the bottom of the Mayan calendar rock said? It said See next rock!!!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• People fail to look at scientific fact when things happen like this. Its a ripple effect too. There is bound to be more than one earthquake in a week due to the plates and so forth. It is unfortunate but something that has been going on since the beginning of time
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Soon? No.

Sometime in the next 50 million - 100 million years? Sure. We'd probably be due for another naturally occurring mass extinction around then.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 7:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i don't think these disasters is whats going to cause the world to end.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 6:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Nope. I don't believe in Gods who will end the earth. Although I do believe that eventually it will happen, all stars burn out, and when that happens to our sun (in about 200 Million years give or take a few millions) the earth with go with it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't know. It is a little odd that so many 'natural disasters' seem to be occurring, one right after another. Some scientists believe that the earth is due to reverse its magnetic field within less than 100 years. What this will do to life on the planet is uncertain. We can't rely on man to explain or prevent anything that's going on. Will climate change get worse? Will our man-made energies get the best of us? None of us can say. We can only live our lives in a way that we can feel okay about. Treat our planet and all of the life on it with respect. The rest is out of our hands.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• GomezMami....I have been thinking about this for awhile now. When our first son was born (2005) is when Katrina hit, and it seemed like bad things have been happening since then. The tsmauni started it....and just so much bad. Maybe i was younger, or more carefree when I didn't have children and maybe I just didn't notice it....

Yes, I agree with you.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011