Should i tell this neighbor girl anything?

my neighbors kid keeps trying to feed the cat from across the street...she doesnt come and talk to anyone but when she sees a stray cat or dog she goes right for it and takes it home and a couple days later someone idk who goes to the house picks them up and takes them away....now this girl is 18, not the most typical person you would see in a little church town near the mountains, she has her face pierced and wears "evil stuff" and i think shes just a sweet girl but when i have guests over and they see her they say rude things to her....and about her, im starting to feel really bad for her because everyone ridicules her for dressing the way she does and they all think shes taking the animals to her house and sacrificing them, i kinda think she should completely stop getting the animals so people wont be so rude to her

should i say something to her or just leave her be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Good Lord, that poor child. Leave her alone. If your friends come over and start making comments about her, tell them to leave her alone. I have no idea what kind of "Evil Stuff" you are talking about. But can you blame the girl for not talking to anyone. What a close minded town you live in
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• evil stuff as in the "goth" marilyn manson kinda stuff....dont get me wrong i think she actually looks cute in her clothes but i feel so bad for her
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Well none of that is EVIL by any means. Maybe you should just say Hi to her, tell her "Thank you" for helping those strays out. Be a good neighbor and stick up for her if your friends are being complete asses.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• First of all I would defend her to the friends and tell them they don't know anything about her and to grow up and mind their own lives. I had a neighbor who was young and just plain weird and when people would comment about him I would simply tell them "you can't come over here and talk about somebody like that just because they doing something different from you" it sure is a good way to find out your true friends and it shows them your more a stand up person then they realized. If you can't stand up for her then one day talk to her that you don't necessarily share the same opinions as your friends and that you are nicer then they are and if she ever needs something you'll do your best to help
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 6:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• ditto what they said....it sounds so juvinile I will just finish by saying....lame!
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• She is probably taking care of the animals, right? If that's really what you think, and you think she's a nice girl, then maybe the christian thing to do is invite her over for dinner. Get to know HER the girl underneath the "scary" goth clothing. You might like what you find. SHe is probably hurting for a friend since she already knows she's the odd one out. Tell your friends to be kind to her and maybe show her a little friendship. Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Have you considered that she may be sheltering the animals until a fostering service comes and gets them? Seriously. What kind of "friends" are you hanging out with, for them to be so judgmental? "Evil stuff". Ridiculous.
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 6:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I would leave her be. She is how she wants to be just as your friends they want to be. She's just a teenager who wears what she likes. Not to sound rude by any means, but those friends don't seem very nice it they make fun of a young girl.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 6:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• oh jesus, leave the girl alone. i wore marilyn manson shit too when i was a teenager and i still listen to his music. it doens't make you "evil" what a bunch of horseshit.
    TaylorBaby

Answer by TaylorBaby at 7:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Some of the nicest, best people I know are Goths. Nothin "scary" or "evil" about us...
    Your friends are being rude. I agree with the others- stick up for her -you think she's nice enough, then she probably IS.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011