MIRENA PROBLEM HELP----

I want to remove mine myself..Im a cramping really bad and my stomach feels full if that makes sense. I cant afford to do and get it removed. I also think i am pregnant cause my bf and i had sex while i was ovulating and we did use a condom but it came off and we both were drinking and he mu st not have known bc i found it inside me the next day EWWWW and he came inside me? What are my chances and the past few weeks was when i started feelin pregnant. this was Feb 24 when we had sex n i was suppose to start my period March 10 but it didnt start til March 22 and it was NOT normal it was light and a lot shorter than normal. now i am having cramps and feel bloated like crazy.... could i be preggers and what should i do...ive tried to pull out the mirena early today and i started lighlty spotting...but i can not get a good grab on it how can i do that ? so i cann get it out..??? HELP PLEASE..

sweetcheeks2691

Asked by sweetcheeks2691 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• DO NOT remove it yourself. You could bleed out badly. You need to go to your doctors and have it removed, and they will also be able to do blood work to see if your pregnant.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It really is not designed to be removed by you,. You can do serious damage to yourself if you dont know what your doing. It has to be squeezed to get it to go thin so it will come out easily without fish hooking your cervix. Find the free clinic and get it out there.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• go to your local health dept and u could very be regnant ask for a test when u get there as well
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It could be VERY dangerous if you try to remove it yourself. The chances you're pregnant are EXTREMELY low, as Mirena is very effective birth control, and bear in mind it often causes irregular periods. If you want it removed, you NEED to make an appointment.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• you can NOT take it out by yourself!!!!!!!!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I second musicpisces on everything and everyone else who says DO NOT REMOVE IT YOURSELF! That being said, I had mine removed as well. Your local health clinic can do it for you. Make an apt Asap!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Please oh please tell me you are kidding! Go to a dr or a free health clinic. You could puncture your uterus
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• An IUD is the most reliable form of birth control a person can get outside of being sterilized, so odds are, you are not pregnant. However, given your symptoms and the IUD, there is a chance of an ectopic pregnancy (slightly elevated risk with IUDs) which can be fatal if left untreated. Go to a free clinic. You don't need to take it out yourself and you most likely need to be examined.
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 6:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I became pregnant with my IUD still in place...it did not move or nor was it malfunctioned in any way. I had a healthy pregnancy and my son is almost one. I went to my OB to have it removed. Isnt there a cllinic where you can have it removed for free or at least a reduced cost? It will end up costing way more if you try to remove it yourself. BTW there is only about a 1% chance of becoming preg with an IUD in. I just happend to be that 1%...i guess somebody has to be. It doesnt happen very often, but take a test anyway.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You were using condoms and an IUD? Why so much? Just curious?
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2011