SHE HAS SUDDENLY BECAME ATTACHED TO ME WHEN DROPPING HER OFF AT DAYCARE WHAT AM I TO DO?

3BABIESANDLADI

Asked by 3BABIESANDLADI at 6:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's normal. Don't change anything, just give her a kiss and leave. It will stop eventually. I'm assuming that the daycare is just fine and she's just being a typical toddler.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• She will be okay. Has she been attending there regularly and this just started? If so, I would make unannounced drop ins on her at the daycare so you know she is being well cared for. Otherwise, she is probably just going through a phase where she is attached to you and it will get better with time. Good luck. (I've heard it's harder on the mom than the child when they cry when the parent leaves)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Usually the child stops just a few minutes after the parent leaves lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I agree with the other moms....it will soon pass. Dont change anything about your routine when you leave...as hard as it may be. It is probably more difficult for you. She probably stops crying soon after you leave.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My son is the same way, but 1 minute after I leave everything is fine. When I pick him up he always says he had fun today.
    PattyAlvis

Answer by PattyAlvis at 7:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my daughter started doing this around 2yo and she just stopped, as in JUST, now she's 34 months (will be 3 in june). all you can do is what you know is best. her teacher always says as soon as we leave she stops crying, and goes running to "the puzzles." so we started building it up in her morning routine, telling her about all the things we know she loves, and eventually she took the "i'm a big girl and i won't cry" point of view and now she's really excited to go to school in the mornings.

just hang in there. they test us harshly and expose our weakest traits. but with a little determination, this too shall pass.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 7:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I used to work in a daycare- in the 2's room and pretty much once the parent leaves-all is well most of the time.
    You just have to take her, say good-bye kiss/hug her goodbye and LEAVE. She will be fine. It's normal
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Very normal. SHe will be fine. Kids usually stop crying and get busy with activities once parents are gone. I do in home daycare.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2011