Tips on Calming baby after shots?

My 6 month old son had his 6month check up, Went vary well, he weighed in at 17lbs 80z, and 27.25inches long. He is average for his weight and head, but above average on his height.
Well any way, he got shots one in each leg, and the other he had to drink, and to top it off he is teething. SO he has been extremely fussy and i am getting irritated nothing is working. I gave him Tylenol, cold wash cloths to chew on for his teeth and even put it on his legs. I have held him, cuddled him, fed him, played with him, gave him his blanket.
Any thing else i can do for him, i feel so bad, and a bad parent because nothing i am doing is making him better. He has 6month pics tomorrow i hope he wont' be so fussy for them.
how did u calm ur child down when after shots. He is always like this when he gets shots.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 6:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tylenol and lots of kisses. good luck
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i nurse dd immediately after. she's pretty calm, though. best advice i could give is to stay calm yourself. just pick your baby up and talking in a soothing voice, and let him know you're there. don't make a huge deal out of it. dd is 8 months now, and she hardly ever fusses when she gets hurt. hope that helps - shots are no fun!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 6:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Tylenol and a late doctor appointment let us put her to bed early. Sleep makes everything better.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• have him take a warm bath when you get him home from the doctor, it helps them relax.
    TaylorBaby

Answer by TaylorBaby at 6:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• we have been home since 10, he didn't take a good nap either because tyelnol wore off so he is now down for one.
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My kids are now 7 and 4, but when they were that age I always managed to time those appointments right before their normal feeding time. They'd get stripped, get poked prodded and shot, then get to nurse and cuddle with Mom. Usually they were still in their diapers and I'd do my best to cover them with the blanket I'd bring. Both kids would be a little cranky for a day or two after, but that just meant that they got extra cuddles and hugs, and usually a nap on Mom or Dad.

You're NOT a bad mom either.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I agree with angrybob, bf calmed dd and ds right away, and almost forgot by the time we got to the car.
    Other than that, i would suggest holding them, and tylenol.
    emmasmama2007

Answer by emmasmama2007 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I always try to massage my kids' thighs while the nurses prepare the shots. When they say they are ready, I hold his arms and they have only cried for a few seconds after the shots, each and every time. I don't know if it would work for you but it does for me!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• all you can do is hold then until they have calmed down
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Tylenol and cuddle time.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011