Does your dog/cat have a favorite toy and you wonder what is so intriguing about it?

My dog has taken a shine to this black fuzzy octopus thingee and is so proud when she fetches it for you.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pets

• My first dog had her goose stuffed animal for years and when it died she carried around it's rags for a few days before I got her a new one. which she didn't seem as interested in. lol
    My current dog just destroys everything
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Many Kittens loved what we called dingle balls. They were on a vintage bedspread my DD had. She had this bedspread. It was green with little green dingle balls on it. Kittens & cats used to Love those! And they'll hide them, fetch them and play with them. It was so Cute! And sometimes you'd never know where one would turn on. Like they brought you one and you never saw it! Cute & Funny!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My dog has two favorite toys ... one is a suede ball about the size of a basketball that my mom made ... we call this "humpy ball". She loves it. Will chase it, swing it around. The other is called "dead critter" ... it's one of those toys they show on TV with no stuffing. Loves chasing that one too and playing tug of war.

We have to use code words for either toy because she knows the words for them and will go get them if she hears us say it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Our dog (gone for many years now) had a stuffed rabbit she loved. She used to carry it in and out of the house. I find it in the garden every once in a while now and I can't bear to throw the darned thing out.

Our youngest cat loves the tassels from my grandmother's afgan. There are 2 that have fallen off and she chases them around, throws them in the air, and will drop them at your feet for you to throw. When she isn't playing with them she leaves them in the food dish. Our middle cat plays with DD's hair ties. Those go in the food dish too. Wonder where the "baby" learned that one. LOL.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My dog has a stuffed bear we call his "Mom" because he locks his mouth on it and "nurses" till he falls asleep. Perhaps he was weaned too young? I don't know, as we're his second owner. Anyway, the bear was from Build-A-Bear and there is something about the fur texture that attracts him, because he shreds all other stuffed animals. After about a year, he tears into it. Then I order the same style cheap on Ebay! He's on his 3rd "Mom."
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 7:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My cat has this fluffy red hairbow that she carries around and bats back and forth, but if our other cat gets it she gets mad. lol Our dog stole all the kids' Zhu zhu pets, the hamster ones, and tries to nurse them. If she can't get to them, she whines and barks! lol It's too funny, and she's never had a litter of puppies.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• if its round and bouces. LOL. I have a lab, a JRT and a chi. The chi likes this tiny toy she can put in her mouth, the JRT will chew any toy you give him and chase balls and my lab as long as its a ball flying thru the air she is inlove.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2011