I just ate turkey that was still pink and maybe not done, what do I do?

I didn't realize it until it was too late, it didn't taste gross but I don't think it was done b/c we put it back in the oven..... What are the signs of listera and should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i think you will be fine......
    Anonymous

• Actually, I just learned that turkey can be completely done and still be a little pink. If you test it with a thermometer, and it registers the temp for poultry (I think it's like 190?), then even if it's still pink, it's fine. I know it doesn't help for what you already ate, but for future reference, it might. And you'll probably be fine. If you start feeling sick, maybe call your dr, but you should be ok.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I think you will be fine. Turkey can be fully cooked and still pink.

Listeria infection (listeriosis): Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

If the listeria infection spreads to your nervous system, signs and symptoms may ... Signs and symptoms of a listeria infection in a newborn may include: ...
    www.mayoclinic.com/health/listeria-infection/DS00963/DSECTION=symptoms
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2008