Am I just spoiling my son?

My son is 3 and has a blankie that he is rather attatched to. He gets upset if other children at daycare or elsewhere mess with it. I have no issues with the blankie, he now only uses it for sleeping, car rides and when is upset. My question is that i was talking with a friend and said I was thinking about making the same type of blankie for my little one due in october ( the blanket is the type that is two sets of fleece tied with knots at the end) so that my youngest will not get upset when his brother has a blankie and my oldest will not be upset when the little one is touching his. I say I'm preventing fights by both having the same thing my friend says I'm spoiling the kids?

treyplus1momma

Asked by treyplus1momma at 7:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All kids need some spoiling. I would just make sure that the new babies blanket is different from your other sons, like a different color maybe.
    PattyAlvis

Answer by PattyAlvis at 7:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't think this is spoiling at all. It's a lovie. DD and ds never got attatched to a blanket or toy, they got comforted by bf. Like you said this is a soothing/comfort thing. I see nothing wrong with you getting one for the baby.
    emmasmama2007

Answer by emmasmama2007 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I agree I don't think your spoiling them at all. My boys usually just run up to me for hugs or what nots.
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 7:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No way. You are being a great mommy!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I fail to see how this could possibly qualify as spoiling. I think your friend is wrong!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No problem at all. Make it and enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No.. Your thinking of both of your kids & your own sanity! lol :)
    I think its very sweet you are/have MADE blankets for them.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• That's not spoiling, it's smart parenting. lol As for spoiling, you spoil them all you want! They are only little once!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• That is not spoiling!! Every kid is different so your youngest may not get attatched to the blankie the same way, but your oldest is so he deserves to have that one thing that he loves that is his. Plus, babies need blankets!!! So whether it is just a blanket used to the new baby actually gets attatched to it the same way, its a blanket! And those are so nice, all 3 of my kids have one.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2011