Father In Laws A Severe Alcoholic...... adult content

i know this is completely off topic for what this website is truly for but i really need the advice.We have been living with my husbands father for 4 months now.he got in contact with my husband after 26yrs of not knowing him to let him know he was dying of cancer,im assuming to make amends for running off when my hubby was only 3yrs old.So we were asked to move in with him to catch up on old times.Well upon moving in we find out hubbys sister was also asked to live with him so we could all rebuild the broken family.we paid for all food brought into the house,and the water bill.and his sis covered the rent & electric.Things have been real bad,hubbys dad drinks all the time(hard liquor),he doesnt do any house work,he causes problems,complains all the time.and is a straight out mean drunk.We recently found out that he isnt as bad off as he said,and we feel he moved us here to use us...he makes 509 a month off of retirement and doesnt pay a single bill other than his own 50 dollar cell phone bill.he constantly gets loud and threatens to harm ppl that live inside & outside the house hold.....it is a horrible thing to witness.hubbys sister moved out so it is him,us & our 2yr old living under one roof now.things get so bad that i dont let my son outta our bedroom unless its to go outside,for fear he will become a target.my hubby was recently laid off,and is currently seeking new employment and the lease where we are staying is up as of may 28th.we are not sure what to do,i have been looking at the worst case scenario being we move into a family shelter,but i am hell bent on staying away from his dad once we leave here...im not sure what to do now as far as making it through till the lease is up.because now that his dad knows were poor and unemployed hes freaking out and being real mean.telling us were useless & we screwed him over.please help us ! !

b4byd0ll

Asked by b4byd0ll at 7:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• hugsBy the way,this site is for ANY topic under the sun. It doesn't have to be about mom issues

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thanks butterflyblue19 :) i wasnt sure lol
    b4byd0ll

Comment by b4byd0ll (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'd move out maybe stay close by but DON'T PAY HIS BILLS, dying of cancer or not, he needs to take care of him self and he doesn't need so much money for his boose.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 9:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011