My fetus' heartrate was very low.

And then it went high , or normal again, I am approx. 22 weeks pregnant. The doctor was concerned. Has anyone experienced something like this and if so what was the outcome?
Thanks so much.

Waitaminute808

Asked by Waitaminute808 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• What was the heartrates? I didn't experience anything like this until it came to delivery time. My youngests heart rate would go from 190 to 50 during a contraction. Hopefully someone can help you out that has gone through this so early.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If the doctor was concerned, why did he/she talk to you about what could be causing it or what could happen to your baby? That's weird to me. I was having NSTs at the end of my pregnancy with my daughter and her heartrate was low once, but she was just sleeping. If he is really concerned he should send you in for a more thorough test. I know that a high heart rate can mean that your baby is under stress and low heart rate can mean your baby isn't getting enough nutrients. That's what happened with my daughter and I was induced at 39 weeks. Everything went well and she was healthy and 6 lbs. 6 oz.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Did you just refer to your baby as a fetus

Yes, yes I know...it is the scientific name but that to me signifies that you are not attached to your BABY!
    Anonymous