Are there any toys you won't let your kids play with because it is too much of a hassle to clean up afterward?

I guess Crayolas' new colored bubbles leave stains. So much for market research ~

(I'll put this under shopping - for lack of a better place - recat away if you wish ....)

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• Nope. I like to do crafts with my little ones. Finger paints, playdough, you know...the messy stuff, lol. It doesn't bother me to clean up. All that matters is my girls had fun.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Nope I got a ten month old that I love it when he gets into my finger paint kits its so funny I love the mess I love my baby being a baby!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 7:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• yeah...all of em' LOL ... only kidding. Ihaven't let my dd explore with paint, it would all end up on the walls instead of the paper!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• @knicole0708 I get sheets from like goodwill or somewhere VERY cheap and let my son go crazy it keeps everything clean and lets him have fun you could try that with your children/child.
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 7:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have a lot of toys like that. I hate when they play with the noisy ones too!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I wish I had relaxed about it more when my girls were younger...but both my DH and I are fastidious. The messes just really bother us. I couldn't bear to hear him gripe about it, so I didn't let them get messy often. They always wanted to play with playdough, but it would end up everywhere, so I would only let them go outside with it, but that was rare. I have tried to chill out some now.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I HATE play dough and moon dough. The other kids make a mess, try to feed it to the dog, and my daughter. It gets stuck in the couch, and carpet. We tried the no leaving the table thing, doesn't work. So we leave that for preschool.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Anything that is sand based
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'm pregnant with my first kids (twins) so I don't have that problem yet but the lady I nanny for does not allow her daughter to play with play-doh.
    Fiestygoodbye

Answer by Fiestygoodbye at 12:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• nothing--it's all fun!
    pacificamom

Answer by pacificamom at 6:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011