Is it weird..?

I have 2 girls that have 3 half siblings (they all have the same dad). I have been best friends with my stepkids mom for the past 6 yrs and we all get along great..is that weird?
When her and I tell people, they look at us like we are out of our minds.

dolphingoddess

Asked by dolphingoddess at 7:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• LMAO I am best friends with my ex's wife....her kids stay with me and vice versa....we do tend to get "weird" looks when we are out together but her and I laugh about it.... We all need to be on the same page if we are going to raise healthy emotionally sound children...and so far it's worked great for us...Yes, we have our moments...but we never let the kids see them.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• unsual but i think it's great and i wish that i could have a relationship like that. i think it's the healthest thing for your kids to see and be grown up around.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It is not the usual situation, but I think it is wonderful that you can get along for the children's sake. My exfiancee had 2 kids and his ex and I and he all got along great. Her and I went out every once in awhile and left the kids with him too!! LOL! Let them look you ared doing something wonderful for the children and that is all that matters. Would they rather you be calling each other every name in the book in front of the kids?
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No, it's great! And it's excellent for the kids :) No one has to be "the bitch" in these situations - we as a society just seem to think that's the way it should work.
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 7:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It's not weird, per se...just kinda unheard of in this day and age. Kudos to you guys!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Nope, I'm sooooo jealous! I'd love to have that kind of relationship with my son's future step mom. Whenever his dad finds somoene else, I would love to know who's going to be a part of my son's life and who will be helping care for him when he's visiting his dad. I say enjoy it and cherish the friendship between you two!!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• lol that is a little weird but i wont judge. hey if it makes everyone happy then that's a good thing
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• ~ it's great you can all get along~ if it was me I would not know ~
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 7:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• unfortunately it is weird but kudos to you i am the same way with my stepkids mom if more people were like that the kids would live healthier happier lives its only weird cause most people dont do it, doesnt mean it isnt the right thing to do
    treyplus1momma

Answer by treyplus1momma at 7:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Her and I didnt get along for 5 years before that. I havent been with my girls dad since 2006 and she was with him before that. Long story short we got a lot closer when the kids dad was incarcerated in 2009 (hes still in jail). We all live in complete different states now that hes locked up to get the kids away from the situation. I live in Maine with my kids and she lives in VA with her kids. I am pregnant with my 3rd child and her kids consider this baby their sister (I am having a girl with my current fiance)
    dolphingoddess

Comment by dolphingoddess (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2011