When did you start feeding your baby solids such as gerber (fruit and vegetables) and when did u introduce baby to juices?? Is there a specific way I should be doing it? My 6 month old is only eating cereal and I just started feeding her some gerber this last week. whe should I start her up on juices or food??

iri24

Asked by iri24 at 4:39 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-26 Credits)
  • honestly, I started when he was 13 weeks. early I know but he was having such a hard time keeping down the amount of formula to be happy. I gave it a whirl and he stopped vomiting, spitting up and was so happy. Dont over do it...little at a time but 6 months is old enough to start out light. I dont know her size but just a little and see how it goes. Remember to try one food at a time and wait to see if she react with a rash.
    CGMom1107

Answer by CGMom1107 at 7:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I think that as a mom you will know when it is right for your child to start eating food. Every child is different. If you go by the book you will have a 5 year old still on the bottle. Like the saying goes "Mommy Knows Best!"
    tjsmommy1010

Answer by tjsmommy1010 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I started cereal at 4 months. Once they got down how to eat with the spoon I added vegetables. Then after I went through all the vegetables I started adding fruit. My first son, once I started the vegetables he didn't want the cereal at all anymore, not even mixed with vegetables. My second son won't eat the fruit and vegetables plain, I have to mix them. He didn't really care for rice cereal but he loves the oatmeal cereal. They are all different. I always did the same vegetable or fruit for at least two days to make sure there wasn't an allergic reaction. That way if there is you know what food may be causing it. I start juices (mixed with water in a sippy cup) around 8 months.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 2:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I started my son is 7 months and i started him out on rice cereal at 4 months but he didn't like the plain so i gave him the bannas or mixed fruit cereal. i gave him the cereal for about a week before trying him on stage 1 and once he had all the stage 1 food and showed not signs of allerigc i moved him to stage 2 foods and that was about 5 months. once he turn 6 months i started giving him juice and at this time we was eating all of the stage 2 vegs and fruit and also the dinners but i only give him the juice when i'm giving me his snacks.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Every baby is different. Please consult your pediatrician. My boys were eating cereal at 4 weeks, veggies at 3 months, fruits at 4 months.
    BrunneBakerMom

Answer by BrunneBakerMom at 3:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• my son is almost four months and LOVES carrots and he's been introduced to some fruits. it just depends if she's ready or not. she'll let you know. my son would stare enviously as i ate and would reach for my food. he has also lost the thrusting reflex (meaning he uses the back of his tongue now not just the front). go with your gut. if you feel she's ready go for it!
    monstersmommy23

Answer by monstersmommy23 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2008