How do you stay sane?

Whether your home with your family as your job (and yes I def consider SAHM a JOB) or you work outside of the home, there are all the things that have to get done. My ex didn't understand that SAHM doesn't mean you have anymore time in your schedule than working outside. And when I did work outside and then would occasionally bring work home apparently that meant that I had to do all of the things I normally would and that work could be put aside.

So with all of our titles (taxi driver, psychiatrist, nurse, maid, personal chef to children and spouses, animal wrangler, dance instructor, ect...) how do you manage to stay sane?

chnkychic76

Asked by chnkychic76 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• ....i...ask...myself..the...same....thing.!!!!!

sometimes i think i'm going INsane!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Baths are usually me time ..LOL
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have no idea, some days I completely lose it! :)
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i have no idea.. lol! somehow it just happens. i guess mentally im good with dealing with it, but the stress shows in other places (look like ive aged 10 years in a matter of 2-3, gray hair and im 24 years old) but once in a while i do eventually find myself secluded in a room, breaking down and crying. i always feel really cleansed afterward, and ready to face what's next. warm baths and chamomile tea in the evenings help.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• With difficulty . Have you tried Primal Screaming when it all gets on top of you ? I can recommend it as I haven't been referred to a psychiatrist yet.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Meds. lol I got depressed as a result of many things in my life and as a result, I started slacking. I tell you, I don't know how I got by without them! They really have been a lifesaver for me. If you don't want to go that route, my Aunt used to do the scream and then throw something really hard technique. It's quite the stress reliever, or so I hear. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Once my son goes to bed, I require at least 1 hour of relax time. After running around all day doing everything for everyone, I'm pooped by the end of the day. That's the only way I stay sane... or at least close to sane.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I feel like I'm losing it most days. I try to get a few minutes to relax in the evenings.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• walks, time to myself, friends, networking
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011