When your card was lost or stolen....

has the company your with waived the charges or ruled agaisn't you? i had been missing my wal mart card for awhile. i never called to report it lost or stolen cause i felt i had lost it in my home. i never use it.i usually send my kids or husband to purchase from there and sometimes when they come back they just leave it on the counter or give it to me and if i'm not near my wallet i put it in my back pocket, whatever, so i assumed it was lost in the house. turns out that it wasn't cause my most recent statement reflects cash withdrawals. i asked my husband and he said himself he hadn't seen the card. i bet he's the one that lost it.walmart sees we haven't used the card as far back as jan this yr. i'm kinda kicking myself in the butt cause i thought a couple of times that i should tell them i lost it and this wouldn't of happened. anyway do you think they would see it as fraud that it wasn't me but who ever has my stolen/lost card? only once have a had a ruling agaisn't me and that was with best buy and they were right my husband had bought me a gift with my card and when i asked about it he wouldn't tell me cause he didn't want to ruin the surprise. am i being paranoid? i don't want to end up responsible for something that i didn't do.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• If you, your husband, and your children did use the card then by all means yes report it stolen and report the charges...they'll figure it out and hopefully catch the person.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If there have been charges made there is a chance you will have to pay for them since you did not report it stolen right away.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You can try to explain but I think it will be difficult given you never called. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i wondered when whoeever has the card tries to use it again will it show on the monitor to the cashier that it's been closed or reported stolen. that way they can be assured it wasn't me. i hope they do catch he did it. they go and try to buy $1.50 and then do the cash withdawal when it appears that the card is good. i'm litterally getting sick over this.
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i didn't know for sure that it was missing or lost for awhile anyway! i mean if i had given it to my husband and had asked for it back in a couple of months or longer then how could they hold me responsible for not knowing this.
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think the card simply get declined when it is used after you call. Call and ask if it says it is stolen
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My DH's card number got stolen a little over a year ago. It's a debit card that works as a credit card and it's through USAA. We actually didn't realize it until USAA contacted us because there was suspicious activity on the card. We didn't realize it b/c he still had the actual card. They had spent over $2000 on his card. We did get reimbursed the money. But, it was taken care of as soon as it was noticed. Just try calling Walmart and explaining the situation. Tell them that you thought that it was somewhere in your house. Hopefully, they will be understanding.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i was told by someone else that walmart will have me sign a form and see if the signature matches. gosh how in the world do they match the signature to those screens they use in walmart. i mean it won't match cause i didn't do it but you know how hard it is to write on those thing and your signature never looks the same on there as it does on flat paper. i feel relieved. i honestly thought it was lost in my home since no new charges were made.
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• well you can say that. you thought it was home and hadn't used it since Jan, and didn't realize it was stolen until you received the bill. see where it goes rom there
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 9:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011