Blood pressure

My blood pressure has been like 90ish over 40ish. My heart will race and I will feel dizzy and I always feel tired. I am 36 wks preg and have been in and out of the ER and everytime they check my BP the alarm goes off for it being so low. For some reason they continue to over look it. This is not normal for me so why isn't my doctor concerned about it? When they do it in the doc office the nurse does it manual and I seriously think she is just making up numbers for it to sound normal because any machine that does it picks it up as being really low.

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• That's definitely low, which also explains your symptoms. During pregnancy, blood pressure generally drops some, but that's pretty low. I'm surprised your doc isn't more concerned, especially if you're getting light headed and fatigued. You might ask for someone different to take your BP just to be sure, or even ask your doc to take it him/herself.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The pregnancy hormones affected me like that, as well. I usually run low to normal, anyway. I think, during preg, they tend to be more concerned with too high pressure.

Keep on asking about it and make sure you are drinking enough fluids with electrolytes.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011