Anyone who has twins.. I have a question for you

Do you dress your twins alike? Except a couple holiday outfits when they were little babies I have never dressed them the exact same.. similar, jeans and a t-shirt but the shirts are different colors, but I always have some people saying "it would be so much cuter if they matched" but then other people say "you shouldnt dress them so similar" I guess this isnt really a big deal at all but I was just wondering what other people do.

VBM7287

Asked by VBM7287 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I also have 6 year old twin daughters. When they were younger, we did dress them in matching outfits. Sometimes they were the same, sometimes a different color or something. But we stopped once the girls developed more individuality. One of our girls is very sporty and kind of a tom boy, my other is a total girly girl. So they have different styles, therefore, they dress differently. On occasion, we do dress them alike, such as holidays, family pictures, ect.
    KileighR

Answer by KileighR at 12:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have some kind of mother of twins disorder when it comes to this. My G/G twins are 6 and I have dressed them alike almost every day since the beginning of preschool. And if they are not wearing the same outfit, they are at least in similar outfits. Even their bedclothes match. And if I give them separate sets, my daughters will switch tops and bottoms so they still are similar, even if mismatched.
    They LOVE it, it makes planning what they are going to wear ahead of time easier and it is cute. My girls are identical and I also think that because they are dressed alike, it makes people pick up on the little things that set them apart, which is important. When my daughters say they want to stop doing it, we'll stop doing it. But for now, it is fun.
    pcomston

Answer by pcomston at 8:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I dressed my twins the same a lot when they were infants. now theyre 18 months old and dont really have a lot of matching outfits. they would have more but i have a hard time spending so much money buying the same shirt twice lol. I like to do it every once in a while but they really dont anymore.
    Their pajamas are the same, but dont always wear the same sets the same night - if that makes sense. they have the same pair of jeans but their shirts generally don't match. I'll put them in similiar ones like thermals, but not necessarily the same color or pattern. i do have a few shirts that are the same shirt but different colors, those are fun.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011