How lenient is too lenient?

i have a three year old and i was wondering we do things together like jump on my bed (matress and boxsprings till i find a frame i like), i let him play in a tub of water at the sink, i let him color on himself with washable markers. the main rules i have are no big messes, no breaking things and no hurting yourself or others. is this too lenient? he is a good boy and listens well for example he knows he is not allowed to jump on his bed as he can break it so he doesnt, if he spashes water out of the tub in the sink he must clean up the mess and loses the privelage and never colors on floors walls etc. i am always around when he is doing these sorts of things for safety ( and sanity) reasons

treyplus1momma

Asked by treyplus1momma at 7:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly I wouldn't let my children jump on anything other than the floor or trampoline. They are only allowed to color on paper... not themselves.
    But every parent is different.
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 7:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Not too lenient if you have rules and consequences and he follows them. I have things my son can do that others would NEVER...but, he has rules and guidelines and follows them or has punishment.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Go with your instincts. What you're doing is not harming your child. It's totally fine to let your kids have fun. You've set (and are enforcing) boundaries for him, and that's great :)
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 11:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2011