Have you ever known someone was copying you?

I know my cousin is trying to follow in my footsteps. And most people would find that cute but I don't. I thikn she needs to find her won way in life and not try to be like me. You know, stop going the places I have gone, stop doing the things I did, stop trying to become friends with people you do not like but because they are my friends you want to be all up on their butt. When I talk to you stop trying to give me faulty advice and then right around and be friends with these people. Like go away!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what I want to say but you know if you say stop copying me they get offended or something like that and then try to throw shade at you for speaking up one it.

So back to the question.................How did you handle it?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 8:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• never had anything that serious. Only liek buying the same outfits after I wore them out but that was a long time ago.
    So if you talk to her she wont listen? Talk to you friends then I guess.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Unfriend her. Quit getting together with her. Quit talking to her. If she doesn't know what you are doing it will be difficult for her to copy you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have. I won't say names or relations, but she saw all the attention my DD was getting from my dad and went out and got pregnant after moving in with the guy. She tried to dress like me, act like me, and, well, just be me! It was awful.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• yes. I had a psycho roommate in college that copied everything, even the same classes I took. I have also had a few ex-friends that suspiciously started friending everyone on my friends list, would obviously change their appearance when we went out to look like me (if I twisted a t-shirt up and tucked it, so did they - if i wore a certain style one night, they would try to match), would find out all of my hangout spots with other friends they didn't know and magically show up. I even helped one friend make more friends and increase popularity and then she turned around and tried to give me the same advice I told her. Unbelievable. I am glad I'm not friends with them anymore and have other normal friends.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My college roommate was like that. She went everywhere I went! If I got a new outfit she would ask where I bought it and then go buy the same exact thing. It was annoying but I ignored it and eventually she went away.

Answer by missanc at 9:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• See my person is a realtive. She is trying to do all things I did when I was younger and now trying to be overtly popular. She was ok but now she is laying it on super htick and I am like I don't like you because your so fucking fake and phony. She just does really dumb stupid shit. it sucks more now (I love far away from her) but she signed up to do my high school reunion (even though she graduated from another high school) so I am seeing her all the time and she can post to my comments. yes I can ignore them but there are time she is trying to be a bitch and I know cause she is kissing everyone ass I'ma look like the bad guy for going off on her. Not that I care what others think cause they dont pay my bills just still she doing it cause she think I wont bust her ass....I will. I've done it before she tried to get a come abck but I had her butt///she still came back crawling to me talking bout I love you blah blah blah.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011