Warts! Ew, HELP!!

I have (what i am assuming is are warts) one on my palm and one on my knee..........they are rough and skin colored but have black spots down in them. I have had one wart before in my life and i think it was similar but it was on my foot and had to be burned out. Well i have tried freeze off on them and it did not do a thing, also put some wal mart brand stuff on it and it kinda burned.....any ideas what i need to put on this to get them to go away?? they are driving me crazy and i am on bed rest so can't go to the doc right now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• Before bedtime, take an extremely ripened banana (blackened); remove a small squaresection ofthe peel; place it on the wartand cover with gauze and tape. Repeat the next night. Some warts vanish in a week other are more stubborn.

Spread vitamin E oil around the wart to protect the surrounding skin, then apply a clove of freshly crushed garlic on the wart and cover with an elastic bandage. Your first sign of progress will be a tingle or slight burn, then you will notice, often within a few days, the formation of a blister. Keep applying vitamin E oil to soften the skin and aid healing.

Put duct tape on the warts for 6 days. Then soak and scrape them with an emery board. Wait 12 hours and reapply the tape. This however may take a couple of months.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think you have to pull out that black part for it to completely go away. I remember having one on my foot and my grandma telling me if I didn't let her get the black "string" it would just keep coming back. She got it and it never came back.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• How did she get it?? am i just going to have to cut it off or something??? (OUCH)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My dd had warts bad last year and I took her to Dr several times but they couldn't do anything really for it,keep saying it was a virus,eventually we got rid of them using a prescription acne medication,took like 6 months to work,stubborn little suckers.
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I remember it being miserable, but that was probably because I was so young. She used tweezers. I had been using the wart remover, and I remember when it fell out it was bleeding and she basically strapped me down and dug til she got it. I would use the remover again, and when it falls off, dig around til you can pull it out.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Oh...well...I just looked online about "black dot in wart" and it turns out it is just a dead capillary and there is no need to remove it. Damn granny! Scarring me for life and having me believe her hocus pocus! LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• hahahaha that's so funny. well they are big and unsightly and i am tired of them! lol they have been here for months
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Mom-2-3-girlz I am so sorry granny scarred you. Anoymous not sure what was funny, my suggestions or mom23girlz being scarred for life, but my suggestions have been known to work. Published in Uncommon Cures For Everyday Ailments. Worth a try I would think.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It came across to me as she was joking - not literally scarred for life. thanks for your help i will defiantly be trying your suggestions!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Duct Tape. Cut a square of it slightly larger than the wart put it over it and leave it on. Change it every 3 days and it will go away on it's own. Something in duct tape glue that gets rid of them. Google it it's true.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011