Do you think the shutdown will happen?

I'm a little freaked out. My husband was told today that he's considered "non-essential" and I don't even want to know how we're supposed to pay our bills if he's temporarily out of work. If he can't work, there's no backpay to catch up with. =/

So, do you think the gov't shutdown will happen? Do you think they even care about the backlash aimed at them, if they let it happen?

sojourner.

Asked by sojourner. at 8:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I just heard about this today.. I have no clue what is going on...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• probably.. leave it to obama, he is known for screwing everything up!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• im just hearing about this today also. a friend of mine posted on facebook how glad she is that atleast they have top ramen and rice to feed her family in the meantime. how is it even legal for the government to stop paying their soldiers? makes me kind of glad my husband got out last year.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I honestly don't think it will happen but if it does, I don't think it will last too long.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yes it will happen because the Republicans want to add little rider bills to undo Obamacare. The Dem's ARNT budging on it they want the riders out of the bill then they will agree. It SHOULD be a seperate issue and NOT part of the budget.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I agree with vbruno. I am terrified because we will only receive half a pay check, which will be our car payment on the 15th.... we are fortunate enough that when its over we WILL receive back pay because DH is AD Army, but the whole thing is ridiculous. I wish the tea party extremists and Boehner would think about the well being of our country. This has little to do with Obama.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 8:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Call your representatives and tell them that you want the riders out
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• adnilm- i called mine. I expressed grave concern and told them i want the bs cut and for them to start doing their jobs.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Hey 3happykids.....Since it happened in 1995 too....how can you assume that Obama is responsible ? DIdn't you know about that?Or were you not alive in 1995? LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• LMAO some of you are freakin hysterical! TRULY.....lets blame republicans for a budget anbill not being passed that SHOULD have been passed LAST FALL!!! YOu remember last fall right? When the Dems controlled the House, the SEnate AND the White house!? With a SUPER MAJORITY that could have passed ANYTHING. But wait...they were too damn busy playing politics during election season and not wanting to piss off their constituantswithh too much cuts or two little so they SHOVED it back on the back burner until they could put the blame on some one else....and you people are BUYING IT! obama care only reason my rear end! The repubs want to cut MORE SPENDING...the dems want to hold on to it and their controll of the OUR TAX MONEY that they can freely blow! THATS the difference in these bills!!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011