Miscarried last night.

last night i posted about being in pain and dropping clots. my husband draged me to the er at around midnight.. i was teated like crap.. i took the clot with me... the doc took a look and threw it away saying it wasnt that. did a paps and took blood for a preg. test. she did the pap for about 30 seconds and said i was over reacting there was no way i was pregnant. the blood test came back positive and they did an ultrasound. the baby was already gone. the doc from then on tried to be sweet and told me the clot was my child. Im so fed up. do they have to do a d&c if u were less than a month.. they didnt.. whats going on..

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• that was very cold hearted the way they treated you and I would say something to the head of the hospital!!
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If they were going to do a D&C I think they would have kept you at the hospital last night. Maybe they are referring you to your OBGYN and get an ultrasound to see if a D&C is needed. Im sorry for your loss and even sorrier the Er people were crappy to you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'm very sorry for your loss! I miscarried last August at 7 weeks & still have trouble getting over it. I'd also report it to the hospital. *HUG*

As far as a D&C, I didn't need one since I passed everything. If you had a complete miscarriage, I don't think you would need a D&C.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I am so sorry hun...I wish all doctors gave awsome care but they dont sadly...I miscarried a couple years ago and I know I was completly cushed...I hope your are ok...as for the d&c go in to your regular gyno and have them check you out...hugs***
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• hugs

MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• When I miscarried at 6 weeks, they caught the heartbeat no longer there, so the hospital ob said I needed to get a d&c or I could get an infection and possibly never get pregnant again because I had no sign of bleeding yet. If they didn't say anything about it then they must of not thought you needed one.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Okay honey, what an asswhole! Take a deep breath and get a hug from your hubby :) I've had 2 miscarriages myself, first one was just like what you experienced, it happened at home and was sooo painful just like you described and then it came out. I called my doctor right away and she just said take a few days off work, take ibprofin(however you spell it) and get some rest. The physical pain goes away, but the emotional pain is a killer :( The second time I was, well should've been six weeks along, but no heartbeat. So I got a DNC, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think you only get those if it doesn't come out on its own. But please don't worry, you can have babies :) we had a DD three yrs later. I know its depressing, and nothing you can do to prevent it, and you didn't do anything wrong. Just take care of yourself and get rest if you can!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I am so sorry. I would write a letter to the director of emergency services at the hospital. Be professional, to the point, and explain fully what happened. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• thank you all.. i didnt know i was at all. to say ur pregnant something in ur blood has to be above 50.. i was at 309 last night.. this morning i was at 277.. its dropping. i prayed all night god would keep my baby safe. and i guess the safe place is there with him. he holds my child from now on and one day will send me another. thats how i look at it.. he needed another angel at this time. it hurts but i will have my baby to watch over me till i meet them one day
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• OMG you are so strong! I am crying right now reading your last comment! I had 3 miscarriages and was a complete mess for all of them. I will be praying for God to sprinkle some more baby dust on you! I hope you are able to concieve again soon! Stay strong :)
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011