Do you have REAL FRIENDS?

I am curious ... my father told me once when I was in high school, that if I live my life and have one handful of FRIENDS, than I have lived a rich life ..... hmmmm... i have not so far and I am "thirtysomething"...
How many of you have REAL friends? NOT ACQUAINTANCES .... I thought I had 3 over a period of 8 years... that has recently changed and slowly diminished ..... so I am curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I can honestly say, putting my husband aside, i have been blessed with 4 amazing REAL friends... with my husband that would be 5 =) and i must say i am richly blessed.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have three true friends and I believe that their husbands would also do anything for us. My husband is my best friend, and I highly recommend this for anyone getting married- that he should be your friend before being your lover.

Answer by Bmat at 3:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have had 2 real friends, and they have blessed with everything they say maybe i will have another but i am still young.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 3:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• real friends what are those?lol. i have to say total i have 4 friends who been there through thick and thin.
    Anonymous

• I am not big on friends. My kids are a handful and my friends were single don't like the baggage. My cousin has been my BFF since I was 15 and her kids are just a little older, so I would say she is my only friend.. for reals or otherwise
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I guess I am lucky. I have had more then a few true and good friends over the years. In fact some of my high school friends and I still talk more then a little bit and are very close and I am 37. I also have college friends and relatives (married into) that Im great friends with and would do anything for me and I for them.
    Anonymous

• Other than my SO, I have 3 real true friends that would see me through anything (and have). I think it is really important to have friends outside of your relationship though...that way you're not 100% dependent on him for your happiness because that is a lot of pressure on one person.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Nope not one. It's sad to me. My only friends are my family and my hubby. :(
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have 2 real friends.. others are just casual friends that I can't really count on, or don't see myself getting any closer with them. Tough thing is they both live so far away, so internet and phone are a must with them. True friends are definitely hard to come by.. but I'm thankful for the ones I have!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I've had a few people I thought were my friends over the years, but I've learned the only person I can trust is myself. Now I would say I have 2 true friends, people who have been there for me thru thick and thin, would give anything to help me through my troubles and Id do the same for them.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2008