2 year old hitting...

My 2 1/2 year old keeps hitting his sister or ripping her hands off of things. She's not walking yet, but is holding things to stand and he'll rip her hands off. Tonight he smacked her with a metal spoon. What is happening? I know it's probably a normal 2-year-old phase, but it's frustrating. My daughter is 1, by the way and she's a bully to him too, but not as bad.

ACL2007

Asked by ACL2007 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make sure he is getting enough one on one attention from you and your SO. Sometimes they go for the negative attention when they do not get enough positive attention.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If you find the cure to stop hitting please let me know!! :) I have been struggling with this with my 4 1/2 yr old for about a year!! It's so frustrating!! Ever since his younger brother turned about 1 it's been an issue. I have even lost a friend because my son hit her daughter when he got frustrated. The friend acted like I never discipline him but I do and constantly but I just don't know what else to do :( good luck!
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011