• In the Spotlight:

why these moms don't raise their child,but can take them back when they want

I have raised other people children,not because I want to but got stuck doing.Mom don't have time for nothing but her self, was suppose to keep children for them to go out.But they all ways leave their children and don't come back.It has happen to me twice and you would be suppise how many people goes though the same thing.We raise them until they are 8,9,or 10 and above,then here comes the parent no warning and take them back.It's not fair to the child or the people that raised and love them as their own.You send your money,go to dr's visited, school everything a parent is suppose to do is done my the caregiver.

sisterjannew

Asked by sisterjannew at 4:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• I guess I am not understanding what youre saying. Are you a foster parent? If so cps is about reunification isnt it? Its always better for the child to have a parent in their life and if it takes 10 yrs for the parent to straighten up then those are the breaks. I think all children need someone stable in their lives and you should be commended for being there for them when they didnt have anyone, but should also be glad the parent came to their senses for the sake of the child.
    Anonymous

• No not foster parent, I Aa relative that keep getting ohter family member children,because they don't want to be aparent.Not while the baby is small ,in diaper,bottle feeding and have to be pavk around.When the hard part is over,parent comes get them,by this time we love them like our own and they love us.
    sisterjannew

Answer by sisterjannew at 4:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Maybe you should get custody through the courts so they cant do that?
    Anonymous

• the problem is how they come back and just take the we love and not let us continue to be apart of the child life.We have feeling for the child.The fierst time it happen,when the children was taken back,the girl was made to have sex with her mom boyfreind and the boy has gotten all kind of charges.And yes I too beleive children should be with their parent.
    sisterjannew

Answer by sisterjannew at 4:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I agree w/ other anon. You should have had them sign you custody.
    Anonymous

• GOD LOVE YA. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE EXACT SAME THING AND MORE THEN ONCE. WE HAD MY GREAT NEPHEW FOR 2 YRS THEN HIS MAMA POPPED IN AND TOOK HIM AND I HAVE NOT SEEN HIM SINCE THE DAY HE WALKED OUT OUR DOOR. AND I'M STILL NOT OVER IT. THEN WE JUST HAD MY STEP GRANDAUGHTER TILL HER DAD GOT MAD CAUSE PEOPLE WERE TELLING HIM WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT HE WAS SO HE TOOK HER, HE DON'T WANT HER AND EITHER DOES THE MOM THEY ARE YOUNG AND STILL WANNA RUN. I GUESS AS LONG AS I'M NEEDED FOR THESE CHILDREN I WILL BE HERE BUT I'M ALSO TIRED OF GETTING MY HEART BROKE. BUT IT'S NOT THESE POOR BABIES FAULTS THEY HAVE SUCH DUMB PARENTS I WILL STILL BE HERE DOING IT ALL OVER AGAIN ANT TIME A CHILD NEEDS ME. AT LEAST WE ARE ABLE TO SAY WE TOUCHED THEIR LIVES IN SOME WAY OR THE OTHER.
    GOOD PEOPLE ARE HARD TO FIND, DON'T EVER STOP BEING THIS PERSON.
    shercarico

Answer by shercarico at 4:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• God Bless you shercarico,there are a lot of us out there.Believe me it's much harder when you had them over 8 to 10 years.It's tearing us apart on the inside.Please whoever read this keep us in your prayers.This is alos our second round, my goddaughter has been taken back afer 8 years.
    sisterjannew

Answer by sisterjannew at 12:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Well everyone God has given her back to us without a fight!! God is good!!! They really didn't want her, just want her since they were back together.T hey have now broken up! My god child was back in two months! Thank you JESUS!!!
    sisterjannew

Answer by sisterjannew at 4:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009