Too much antibiotics?

I know the docs have a brain on them, but I've had an eye infection since Thursday and in that time I've seen a doc every day. And every day I've gotten shots of a strong antibiotic (rofram or something like that). So today after a total of 5 shots, antibiotic eye drops she also gives me pills and a cream for my eye. I realize that they are hoping this gets better, but I feel like a walking medicine cabinet. Is there such a thing as too much antibiotics?
Btw I'm 18 wks today and asked about how this affects baby, but the response I got was it will be better overall if you get this infection taken care of for both me and passenger on board.

urthat1chick

Asked by urthat1chick at 4:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You might want to go to a different eye doctor. And you need to call your OBGYN as soon as possible. Every kind of antibiotics will effect the child, and not in a postive way.

I cant believe that the doctor even gave you this medicine when they know you are pregnant.
    Dont get me wrong, of course you are not a doctor ( i guess), but even YOU should know better than taking this medicine before asking your OBGYN.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• yeah thats too much.

i woul never do that, i would talk to your obgyn and see a diff doctor about your eye
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I have to get everything checked out by my OB bc only she knows everything that is going on w/ ur pregnancy and how it will affect you personally.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• It was my ob that gave it to me. Our eye doc isn't even open friday thru sun. She just keeps saying it's fine.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 4:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Well then you better get a new OBGYN.. AFAP.. because this is not alright. Antibiotics are strong chemicals....

I dont know a single OBGYN that would give this medicine to you.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2008