How can Satan. NEW ? 4/8/11

who is an angelic being with no free will. no choice at all, he was created for a specific purpose rebel against God? Only we as humans have free will to choose our path and choose to serve God or not.

****::::!!!!::: NEW THOUGHT::::!!!!!:::::****** So if Satan has free will like we do. Why is it that he can not kill or hurt us with out Gods permission. I have free will and i don not have to ask God if i can kill someone i just do it???  If i rebel from God Im free to do my own bidding not submit to what He wants.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 9:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• popcorn

lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• confused

kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Depends on what you follow. In Aramaic Old Testament Hebrews acknowledged that there were multiple gods- Yaweh being the most powerful/prominent/truthful/father god. THe being made out to be "satan" was actually another god that lived in heaven, with god (they were friends, buddies, roommates) The best example I can think of this relationship is in the story of Job. Depending on the translation you get Satan isn't the devil, or an opponent of Yaweh, he is his gambling buddy god.

Then again I was a religion/anthropology major- not a christian.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 9:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• there's not a lot of logic to it.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 9:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If you read in some of the OT, Satan was created to be the tester, tempter of the people. That was his job.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i know but xtains preach of him as a rebel against God and how he took 1/3 of the angels in heaven.
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• People need someone to blame I guess?
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• agreed
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 9:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• not sure, I think satan quit anyway, and gave his job to my sister. Only explanation I have for this woman
    Anonymous

• LOL. It is all fiction, the product of vivid imaginations ...and gullible people follow like sheep. :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2011