Ovarian Cysts....cure or remedies??

I went to urgent care on tuesday night and they transfered me to the er. I had been having pains on my lower side and a bulgy feeling along with cramping. They thought it could be my iud perforating my uterus, appendicits, or ovarian cysts. Turned out i had an ovarian cyst rupture, and one is declapsing. the ruptured one i have the fluid of it floating around in my body cavity.

They gave me pain meds (vicodin) which im not even filling it because i hate meds in general, ill just take some ibuprofen. However, is there nothign else they can do for it? and does anyone know of natural cures i can do?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• I have PCOS so I have them all the time. BIg ones. It just has to run it's course. I have had surgeries to remove them. They came back within months. I've taken meds, they did nothing but make me emotional. But I am using progesterone cream from the health food store, that does seem to help regulate me to ovulate a little more. I am waiting to have my entire left ovary removed. It will never stop having cysts. That's when it will end...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have PCOS and I know of no cures or remedies. Well, I lost my right ovary to it so now I only have pain on the left side. I understand why you don't want to fill the vicodin but I was always told with a ruptured cyst NOT to take ibuprofen because it has a thinning reaction on the blood and if there is a small bleed with the rupture it can prolong clotting. I would stick to acetaminophin or call the Dr. for their opinion.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• good point on the vicodin GrnEyedGrandma!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• wow, thats terrible. Several years ago I had an ovarian cyst and they sent me to a hospital where they burned it off with a laser. Very invasive but I was in and out in a day. So far, no other cysts ever came back. I hope they can do something for you.
    springfever2011

Answer by springfever2011 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I alos have PCOS ... I too know nothing about how to cure it , I just know that for myself, whenever I lose weight I have less symptoms....

But right now I am going to be starting progestrone to help me have a period and hopefully get things on track...

Good Luck ! and I hope you have some relief.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• good luck, i have no advice...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Lybrel birth control helped my cysts big time. Its made for female issues which as endo and cysts. I recommend starting on a birth control pill that stops your period altogether. You will feel 100 times better once the birth control takes effect bc it helps strink the cysts. Good Luck!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2011