How long do you wait after an IUI to test for pregnancy?

I know the dr tells you to wait 2 weeks, but have anyone tested before then and got a positive? Also has anyone not had any symptoms or just not felt anything days after an IUI? I had mine done on the 31st of March, and I dont feel anything at all. My doc said to do a test on the 13th, but I dont know if I can wait that long. Any advice, tips or anything.

Married2daBest

Asked by Married2daBest at 9:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, you can test before, but I doubt that you'll get anything. IF the pregnancy sticks, the first week is moving into place, and the second week is implanting. After the egg has implanted is when you get the HCG hormone in your system. I know it's REALLY hard, but it's best to wait...
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The cycle i got pregnant i tested 13 days after IUI and the BFP was so faint that i made my hubby take a pregnancy test just to compare and make sure i wasn't seeing things, lol. Definitely wait to be sure because its that much more special when its positive. I had no symptoms and in fact thought my period was starting because i was spotting. Turned out it was implantation bleeding. I would also look into progesterone if you do conceive, i give it credit for sustaining my pregnancy. good luck! i hope this is the one!
    earthmamajoe

Answer by earthmamajoe at 12:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• 14 days
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I waited for them to test. I didn't want to take one and get a false positive and be disappointed.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2011