Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why are be so ungratful after you raised their children

People have the nerve to act funny ,talk about and even lie on you after you have raised the children they don't want to raise. So they carry them on income tax time,but the kid live with someone else.All we want is respect and to be in the child life.The parent are very ungrateful,there need to be a law for caregivers rights.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • There are laws. You just have to go to court and get custody and a court order. The judge spells it out in a court order and thats that. My cousins mom has his kids and he wants his girls. His ex was just a peice of crap and he was a truck driver. He came home after being gone 5 days and his ex had left the kids alone and cps took them to his moms house. Now hes remarried to a GREAT woman and has a house etc. She wont give them back. Shes actually turned into the bad person for the girls not him. But she had a court order so he doesnt get them back unless he sues his mom for them. Aint that some crap? It cuts both ways.
    With a coutr order though they wouldnt be able to take them back or claim them on taxes and would pay child support.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • I'm sort of in this situation. But it was not really a hassle and it will work out. At first I got all twisted around about it. My son is adopted but his original ss card went to his birthmother's home. We went to claim his has our dependent and had a little trouble filing. It all worked out, we were able to claim him, we had our money back. Until we got a letter in the mail from the IRS stating that two households claimed the child with the SS# below. It was our son's and it was not hard to figure out what happend. My husband called the IRS and they said the next letter they send will be the one to respond to. We will just need proof that he is our dependent. Like doctor bills, day care bills, adoption decree, ect.... So it will work out for us. Same is said for divorced couples. The primary custodian usually has the right to claim dependency. But you do have to prove that the child primarily lives with you.

    Answer by frogdawg at 4:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • i hear you. i had custody of my younger brother he was 14 i was 19 and i couldnt get food stamps ot ADC to take care of him cause my mom claimed that he lived with them and then when she found out i was doing a better job of raising him her and her bf claimed i had drugs in my apt and i partied all the time. the only thing they found was alchol in my fridge but couldnt do anything about it cause it was my place, even tho i was a minor. cause of the whole deal with fighting with my mom and my brother skipping school after he went back to moms and her starting fights at my place and at work i lost my job and apt. she didnt even care that i put my ass on the line for my brother

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • I feel you.. I think there is a way, but I"m not exactly sure how to go about it. I've worked for lots of famiies, and when the parents decide your no longer needed then your cut out of the kids lives. I treated every one of those kids as if they were my own, and loved them immensely, so I understand where your coming from. Unfortunately I don't kow how to go about getting visitation or anything for those kids. I'm working now on findig out how to get guardianship for my sister's kids cuz she's really sick and in the off chance something happens to her we dont want those kids going to their father cuz he's a piece of s**t.

    Answer by kristal2146 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.