Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Filing a false court motion. adult content

So a little bit ago I filed responses to the restraining order that my sons father lied to obtain when they said I had to relinquish a gun when I don't even own a gun. So bio dad, sent a false motion stating:

That I am lying about owning a gun (okay the court can go run my husbands and my names we don't own a gun, nor do we have a license to have a gun, or they can come search my house if they want) hes saying he doesnt feel safe and that I am dangerous right now and that he doesn't want to meet me at the location were the drop off for our son is supposed to be (drop off is at a police station in my hometown). Until the weapon she threatened me with is relinquished (um hello cannot relinquish a weapon that I don't have lol) And i would like it to be back in the police station at my hometown (already got the order amended judge said I didn't have to transport my son to the court to him because I have no license or no car mind you) So that I can be near my family and home. (another police station but in his hometown)

Thats what his motion stated. I am sick of his drama I really don't know how much more that I can take, it is to the point where it is getting ridiculous. I am tired of these sick and twisted allegations all because I reported to dcyf and got a note from the pediatrician when my son said that his father is hitting him and he freaks out when he has to go with bio dad. It's pretty sad how he would retaliate by making up lies.

Answer Question

Asked by ashleypalomba at 9:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 6 (115 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Strongly advise getting a lawyer. and provide some quick legal responses from attorneys. It's a very sad loophole in the justice system when anyone can file false allegations and the accuser not really be punished for doing so. Just gather proof that you don't own any guns (get a letter from gun licensing registries in your state) and submit that to the prosecutor. Motion will most likely be dismissed. It helps to have a lawyer though and you can negotiate a flat fee from most lawyers. Cost should be around $300-500 at most for something that's less than one hour of time to draft up. Be sure to shop around for the best rates and read the retainer carefully. Some fees are not refundable.

    Answer by hellokittykat at 9:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

  • hellokittykat- Thank you for your advice it really helped. I actually am planning on contacting some lawyers tomorrow. When I received the motions today most of the lawyer offices were closed. Ever since I got married my sons bio dad has been making my life a living hell. Some people say I sound bitter but I am sick of him getting away with lying, and filing false restraining orders, he goes into court cries, puts on a show and pulls the gay card as well.

    Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting
Anyone really not know who bd was?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)