Teething

My daughter will be teething soon. Any general advice? Product recommendations? Thanks in advance.

SMH2010

Asked by SMH2010 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baltic Amber Teething Necklace(you can order from http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/ )  , Hylands Teething Tablets, wetting and freezing a washcloth for her to chew on, putting frozen breastmilk in a mesh feeder for her to chew on.

No frozen teether, only refrigerated. No Orajel(at all).  Thy not to drug her up with motrin unless she is REALLY bad.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My son is teething, and sometimes he starts to cry and scream because it hurts so much, baby orajel is a life saver. As soon as I put a little of it on his teeth he stops crying and screaming..almost instantly. also have lots of toys that your baby can bite on, that helps alot! GL
    urbuttacup88

Answer by urbuttacup88 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• NEVER orajel--Chlorseptic max works the same and won't cause never damage. This stuff was a life saver. Tylenol, Motrin and a washcloth wrapped over a piece of ice and tied off with a ponytail holder (works like a dream).
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Motrin is FAR better for teething than Tylenol. They are two different kinds of meds.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• the baby orajel is the best it sooths the pain you can let him bit on and clean rag cold the teething rings because they are soft and it help the pain feeling their having feel better. you dont need to give him tylenol unless he gets a fever. dont worry if he doesnt want to eat ether he will be fine its just because the pain is not letting him. its the same as if we are not feeling well we dont want any thing right. just hold him.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Orajel leaves immediately with the saliva. It makes the gums HARD thereby making teething hurt worse. It can also get in their throat making breathing difficult.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I've used motrin on all three... and a good dose of Sophie the giraffe when they are old enough to handle her....but i recommend buying a toy strap/leash for her. I just found it on Amazon called Simply on Board and they work perfectly for Sophie so I don't loose her or she gets dirty!
    torturner

Answer by torturner at 8:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• teething rings; orajel; tylenol or motrin
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011