How many kids is enough?

well me and my husband have four kids 3 boys and a girl and my husband is talking about he wants one more im not sure if i want another one .one part of me says four is enough and another says i really would like one more im not sure on if i want another or not i was wondering what everyone else thinks about this ?? any input is apperciated thank you

carringfor4

Asked by carringfor4 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I felt strongly that four was enough, but then I accidentally got pregnant and miscarried. Suddenly my four didn't seem complete any more. We had two more. It's a very personal decision on what you want for your family and your life. Everyone is different. :)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Honestly, that is only for you and your husband to decide. Some people make snide comments but they aren't supporting and raising your children.  If your on the fence about it...(I heard this saying once) you may regret not having another...but you'll never regret having another.

Good Luck with your decision.

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think you can have as many as you can afford.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• there is no answer you can find outside yourself. only you can know the answer to this question. the only other opinion in the world that matters is the person with whom you make babies.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 10:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• That's your decision. No one but you and your husband can make that choice for you. I've always wanted four, but my DH is not so sure about that.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Whatever the parents can afford to have. It varies from family to family. I am happy with 1 but I know a family that has 8 and they are happy with that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• YOU are the one who carries the baby, u might think u have half the say, but really if you think about it, u have maybe an 80% of the vote in this.if your not comfortable with having another then strongly push that as much as you love the thought of having another miracle with him, you think 3 is enough. i dont kno if any of ur kids are still in diapers but if not say how great it is to not hav to buy and lug around diapers and the getting up at night and possible jealousy from the other kids(if a possibility) think what you want to do before u talk to him. be 100% on ur feelings and dont budge. i have only one toddler boy and my fiance wants another, i told him when our son can ride a bike with no training wheels then we'll have that talk about more kids. hoped i helped?
    confused1991

Answer by confused1991 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• oops i ment 4 is enough ithought u had 3 kids oops
    confused1991

Answer by confused1991 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Well, we just had #5 so...
    We had 4 and in 2008 I thought things were pretty good. I had started thinking of the future in terms of just the 4 kids and was good with that. Then I accidentally got pregnant. I was really upset but there was nothing I could do. Then right around 10 weeks I started getting used to it and getting excited. Then I miscarried at 12 weeks. After that I wasn't sure. Luckily we got pregnant again later that year and had our 2nd son. I had my tubes tied after that because I KNEW I was done. It was a health thing for me. All 5 of my kids were c-sections and I didn't want to risk another surgery.
    Really, the number is different for every family. My friend is done with just 1 (her dd is almost 12).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I just had my 8th ! Im thinking I am done. Do you think thats enough, Does it matter, be happy with what ever u are blessd with!
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 11:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2011