I'm a Satanist, ask me anything

I figured we could do with a little excitement, hence the *question* Just a little back up info though....NO we don't do sacrifice and for *LaVey Satanist* we don't believe in God or Satan, they're just used as metephores.

And to quote Marilyn Manson " We call ourselves Satanist, because it's as far from the church as you can get"

devil mini

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• So what DO you believe?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• devil

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• LOL...I have read the Satanic Bible. I have nothing to ask. :)

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Why do you desire to be as far away from the church as you can be?

When you say the church are you primarily refereing to the Christian church?

What believe system were you brought up on?
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I was baptised a Catholic and my mom was actually going to become a Nun. I don't believe in ANY church. Ok, let me rephrase that. I think if it works for someone,then good for them, so each to their own. I personally think the church is BS and it's too easy to hide behind *Satan* and *blame* him for something that MAN has done or lay their hopes and dreams on *God*. It's kinda funny though, cause my mom's favorite saying is/was "God helps those who help themselves* Which I believe 100% in a agnostic way. WE have control over our own lives, not a so called God/Satan. Yes, I have read the Satanic Bible too, and like everything, you need to take it with a grain of salt. I think it's way too literal, but I do believe in alot of things it says.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• What do Satanists believe? I have always wondered this.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• your belief system is exactly like mine. all churches are cults that brainwash the weak minded. there is a saying that i love by Ernest Hemingway. "All thinking men are athiest". And one by Gene Roddenberry "Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I believe in MYSELF....nothing or noone can do things for me. If I screw up, I screwed up and admit it, I don't hide behind Satan.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You are accusing others of hiding behind satan,saying that no one takes accountability for their actions if they believe in God or the devil. There is something wrong with that. I am extremly accountable for my actions, and I believe in God. So believe in whatever you choose, a doorknob for all I care, just don't go blaspheming others because they don't believe like you.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• lol, since i don't believe in God, that means I can't Blaspheme now doesn't it?
    And please show me where I did this? Everything I've written I've said in my personal opinion or that *I* or *we*
    Reread my post, it says if you believe then good for you - each to their own.

I also find that alot of religious people are VERY closed minded and can only see their way, and not even try too look at others.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011