Holy $hit!! Are you kidding?

If the government shuts down.... congress still gets paid -- but our sons, husbands, brothers, moms, dads, and sisters fighting overseas WON'T???

Girls - it doesn't matter which side of the political aisle you sit on normally -- we cannot allow this rule to remain. Yeah, there isn't time enough to do anything about it now... but what about in the future... shouldn't we REALLY slap some financial chastity belts on our congressmen and government. IF ANYONE deserves to be paid during this damn shutdown it's the AMERICAN PEOPLE who are fighting for AMERICA. Now this really does piss me off.

(y'all pardon me - I've been painting my bathroom today... just now hearing some of this new-today stuff... I guess a lot of are learning quickly what a shut down mean for US -- not congress... US)

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• paint fumes...self explanatory
    yeah...great stuff out of DC today huh?
    that Obama, he knows how to fuck up more than ten ways to Sunday
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Its Part of our constitution. Which I remind you was written by a bunch of crooked men in the first place. What do you really expect? The Rep party is trying to add rider bills into the budget to get rid of obamacare and the Dem's Are not going for it. Obamacare issues should be an entirely different bill and issue to the budget. VOTE THEM ALL OUT OF OFFICE NEXT ELECTION!! Thats all ANY of us can do is VOTE THEM OUT!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Aint it the truth! I don't remember much from my govt class but if every congressperson and senator AND governor took a $5000 year pay cut....wouldlln't that help? Why cant they skpe meetings instead of being around a table face to face with bottled water and high dollar snacks? And my kick in the seat is WHY DOES OBAMA FEEL THE NEED TO FLY HIS WOMAN SOMEWHERE FOR A SPECIAL DINNER??????
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Honestly, this is NOT Obama's fault. He does NOT get to make the laws, congress does. He does have veto rights, but he really doesn't run the country, congress does.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• L-E-A-D-E-R......THATS why people are pissed at obama! HE should be LEADING these discusions to a POSITIVE conclusion. But he's not. He has never led anything in his ENTIRE LIFE. He knows how to campiagn nd thats it!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The repubs sent wrote a bill that guaranteed the DOD will be funded through Oct., and the Congress/Pres. will not get paid in case of a shut down. PBO let it be known that he will not sign anything of that kind. So, it is PBO's running of the country. Nothing is a law without the president's "John Hancock" on it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• well why not de-fund the healthcare bill and start over with it? why can't we keep the solid parts of it, and rework the rest of it? that damn baby in the bathwater again - huh?
    And why the hell would O veto a bill to fund the govt for a week, pay the military till Sept and cut the budget by 12B --- what ELSE is in that bill that would make him veto it?? what is this "small item" that has to do with DC funding? GRRRR some nights I just shouldn't even turn the television or radio on. Maybe I should just watch cartoons tonight. :)
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Obama will be the only President in history to have an illegal unfunded war, fought by unpaid soldiers.
    Does that make it like it never really happened? I hope you crazy Democrats are Proud of your choice, he is a disgrace to mankind and this country.
    Anonymous

• LOL Anon - I enjoy your cynicism -- but I'm way past the finger-pointing - I didn't vote for him but I don't feel the need to go around pointing my finger at my neighbors saying "he's YOUR president not mine"... he's *our president, this is *our mess, that's *our government grandstanding and passing the buck tonight
    It's just really hard to swallow that our troops' financial well being is an "affordable causality" of a budget standoff.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• "he's YOUR president not mine"... he's *our president, this is *our mess, that's *our government grandstanding and passing the buck tonight ~ Shelby

Ok lol, I'll do my part. I've got a mess of chicken/guinea/duck, and even a few grandiose peacock feathers that I'll donate. If no one else can come up with tar, I've got a pig pen that desperately needs cleaned out ... and that is some seriously sticky AND stinky stuff.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011