I have a feeling this is a stupid question...may get dumber when you open it. What does amniotic fluid smell like?

The last few days my panties have smelled like grape. Fake grape. Like grape bubble gum or something.

I have heard amniotic fluid has a sweet smell, but like grape?

And if it isn't amniotic fluid...wth else could it be?!

I guess I should be grateful it smells like gum instead of something foul, but I'm confused...and fighting the urge to go anon on this one! LOL

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• All I know is "sweet". LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Amniotic fluid is usually scent free. But grape is pleasant! LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Like sugar water. Sweet smell.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 10:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It shouldn't have any smell. You may be spilling sugar in your urine especially if you have been consuming alot fo carbs lately like pasta or rice.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Amniotic fluid or not, if your lady parts smell like grape I would get checked just to be safe. I can't think of anything bad that would make you smell like kool-aid but it's better safe than sorry. Plus if it is amniotic fluid you are either leaking early=BAD or in labor=GOOD, but deserves a hospital trip :) GL!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You could be right jewjewbee...I have only noticed it when I went to the bathroom, and the smell is so strong that I assumed it was on my clothing, but maybe it was actually my urine.

I have an appointment tomorrow, and I'm not typically afraid to ask "gross" questions, but I'm not sure how I'll get through this one with a straight face.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If your undies aren't wet, then, it probably isn't that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I leaked a lot and describe it as "straw scented and straw colored" so a very subtle, barely sweet scent.

Other women have described it more like Comet Cleanser.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Could ya let us know what the result was? I hope you're not running high glucose levels while pregnant.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have a dr appt today. Will they check for it in my normal urine test? I will definitely be bringing it up, and sure...I'll let you know. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2011