What kind of health insurance doesn't cover PREVENTATIVE services?

I've only had this insurance for a few months, and used it for the first time just to get a physical since I hadn't seen the doctor in over 2 years. I got a statement from my insurance company saying preventative services are not covered and I'm responsible for $250 for the visit. WTF. I haven't looked into it yet, but what kind of insurance doesn't cover preventative stuff!!! What's the point of having insurance then? I already have a $5000 deductible so it's not like it'll help much if something serious happens!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• Good luck with that! The closest i have come to "preventative" is having the annual pap covered. I just argued with our insurance that won't pay for "aid in stop smoking" but "should he develop cancer or emphysma he is 100% covered correct" "yes maam that is corect" Wow. Any how when you find one please let us all know
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 11:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Sadly, most of them are like that now.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• mine does... sorry!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thank you, but I didn't ask what kind does I asked what kind doesn't!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Mine doesn't, never did. It's a frickin' HMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Most don't cover just a physical. There needs to be some type of diagnosis. Too late now, but the doc will usually use a code for some type of diagnosis, but can't change it after it's submitted. Sorry. Don't get me started on how unfair insurance is!!
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 1:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011